Getting married soon? Looking for a classic wedding dress with a modern edge? Then think of wedding gown lace! Today I want to talk to you about this delicate fabric.
What is lace?
Lace is a fabric produced by looping or braiding threats. It’s not so easy to draw the dividing line between embroidery and lace. There are several types of lace for example bobbin lace, cutwork tape lace, knotted lace, chemical lace and others.
Lace has for many centuries been used in wedding dresses. Of course it’s often used for vintage wedding dresses to represent a modest and innocent era. But modern brides also can use it to show their soft side. Dresses can be made of lace like in 1920s or just be adorned with lace. Vintage wedding gowns always consider high-necked style, short or long sleeves and chapel train to be indispensible factors. Simple short lace dresses fascinate young glamour brides.
The latest lace wedding collections may cater for all tastes. Lace is an iconic, longtime staple of wedding design and it can hardly surprise the world. But it became new again on recent wedding runways. It was represented as appliques, overlays and trims.
Some on my favorite wedding dress designers reincarnated their style by lace. Monique Lhuillier changed this delicate material in an ethereal light. Marchesa took more modern approach. Claire Pettibone used this traditional textile on bohemian dresses.
My favorites of wedding gown lace
I really love this lace wedding dresses from the last bridal runways.
- Sleeveless tulle dress with a V-neckline and allover lace appliqued ornaments by Naeem Khan.
- Ivory guipure lace dress with a high illusion neckline by Monique Lhuillier.
- Strapless sweetheart lace ball dress with layered tulle by Amsale.
- Antique tulle lace dress with long sleeves and silver and gold details by Claire Pettitbone.
- Sleeveless lace trumpet dress with an allusion neckline by Theia.
- One-shoulder lace top and lace pencil skirt by Houghton.
- Lace dress with a plunging front and back by Delphine Manivet.
Well wedding gown lace it’s a choice suitable for every season so choose your best lace wedding dress! And of course delicate lace can also be a part of the wedding décor. Add an element of vintage to your shoes and go for a pair of heels in bridal lace, make bridal inspired invitations and favours. Even cake can contain lace décor. And don’t forget about jewelry and adorn yourself with vintage details!
See this video about vintage wedding gown lace